Wednesday, March 02, 2011

30 Days of Truth | Day 2: Something You Love About Yourself

So, let's talk about what I love about myself.

Somehow it isn't as easy as I thought it might be. Afterall, who would think I would have trouble talking about myself?

But it is.

Because when I really stop to think about it, I don't know what I can say without a doubt that I love about myself. I have a lot of good traits: I am kind, helpful, generous, decent and I have a dry, sardonic sense of humour - but I don't know if I love these traits about myself, or I accept that as the things that comes with the package of "me-ness".

So I have to take this from another point of view - if I was friends with myself, what is it that I love about myself?

So, to myself, I would say:

I love you for being the Care Bear that you are. If Grumpy Bear and Friend Bear had a love-child, you would be it. Which probably makes you a Frumpy Bear. Oh well.

I love you because you are kind as an instinct. You care when other people are hurting, even if you don't like them very much - because the fact that someone else is hurting matters to you more than how you feel about them personally.

You are kind, because you genuinely care about people - not because you want people to like you. That's why you are not nice - because you don't really make any effort to make people like you.

I love you because your heart is generous and true. Don't armour your heart when it hurts, because your pain, the fact that your heart is tender and vulnerable is the source of your compassion. You understand pain, which is why you care and you reach out when you see someone else suffering.

2 comments:

V said...

you shall now be known as frumpy bear.

Kristi frmly yogamum said...

I love that -- Frumpy Bear! These posts are lovely. Thank you for sharing!