Thursday, November 16, 2006

Booty From the Book Sale

One of my supplier is having their long awaited book sale. A list of my booty:


  1. Woods Etc by Alice Oswald

  2. Travels with My Aunt by Graham Greene

  3. Street Haunting by Virginia Woolf

  4. Love by Stendhal

  5. Oblomov by Ivan Goncharov

  6. The Alexandria Quartet by Lawrence Durrell

  7. Freedom From Fear by Aung San Suu Kyi

  8. Letters from Burma by Aung San Suu Kyi

  9. Middlemarch by George Eliot

  10. Tigers in Red Weather by Ruth Padel

  11. Jamie's Italy by Jamie Oliver

  12. Stranger on a Train by Jenny Diski

As you can see - I've been really disciplined!

Okay, maybe not. I'm going back this Saturday. My friend the Hamster has offered transportation. Heh.

5 comments:

The Traveller said...

Woah - major bounty! I've never bought more than about 6 books in one go; I feel awful if I spend over £50 at once on books, especially since I never read everything I buy.

darkorpheus said...

Heh! I know what you mean. So many books purchased, so little time! But I guess part of the pleasure is coming into your personal library of books waiting to be read!

Afterall, would you visit a library where you have nothing to read?

Rebecca H. said...

Very nice list! I've never read Durrell -- maybe I should??

LK said...

Nice haul. I have Middlemarch on my "classics to be read" list.

I've been binging on books like a wino on Ripple.

I will actually need to 1) buy a new bookshelf to handle the overflow 2) still get rid of books that won't fit into my seven bookshevles.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dorothy:

To be honest, I remember Lawrence Durrell from Gerald Durrell's My Family and Other Animals. Remember egocentric Larry? Then the whole epic tale of searing passion against exotic landscape thing was just too enticing not to buy.

Hi LK:

Not sure about Middlemarch - most my friends who've read it loves it. But hmm...always thought it's something I should read.

So many books, where to put them. Hmm...