I've been busy this December, trying to show up for daily yoga classes and trying to meet up with old friends for dinner -- because I am usually so lousy at staying in touch the rest of the year ;p
Let's just do a pooterish meme today, shall we?
If I understand the rules correctly, I just list 7 random or weird things about myself? Cool.
1) The Most Astonishing Thing I Have Ever Seen? My Naked Face in the Mirror. It's not that I'm narcissistic. Really.
I started wearing glasses when I was 10 years old; my eyesight is so bad that I have to put my face several inches away from the mirror to see my face clearly without glasses.
Then one day I switched to contact lenses. I went into a public restroom and I caught my own reflection in the mirror. For a second I did not recognise my own face without glasses. I haven't really seen my own naked face properly for many years because of my eyesight. It was the most astonishing sight.
2) I Look Like A Vampire On Photos. I have very fair complexion that tends to show up somewhat luminescent on photos. That, complimented by my black hair and a penchant for black clothes, I always end up looking like a vampire.
3) I Do Not Step Out of the House Without Showering/Bathing. Really. If proper shower facilities are available, I am psychologically incapable of leaving the house without a shower. Even when I'm late for work I still take time to shower before I step out of the house.
I think the world is a better place with me well-scrubbed and properly deodorised.
4) I Am Scared of Pink. If a lady in pink is walking towards me on the streets, I would actually move to the side to avoid her. Pink is a colour I associate with bad tasting medicine and vomit. Not sure why.
And Dolores Umbridge is EVIL.
5) I HATE Chihuahuas. One of my ex, The Aquarius, had a nasty Chihuahua named Playboy, that used to bark at me EVERY TIME I visit. I hated that sorry excuse for a canine. I think toy dogs like Playboy suffer from low self-esteem and too much inbreeding. Why are their eyes so BIG when their bodies and heads are so small?
That said, my favourite dog is the Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Just looking at pictures of healthy Welsh Corgis makes me happy. Beagles, Jack Russells and Golden Retrievers are also excellent dogs.
6) If You Feed Me, I'll Do Your Dishes. I'm better brought up than I allow people to believe. Growing up, my mother taught us to help wash up after meals -- especially if we're at someone else's place. It's so programmed into my system that I would feel uncomfortable if the host doesn't allow me to help with the dishes. Once, my friend WW invited a whole bunch of us to her place for dinner, I ended up doing the dishes for everyone.
So, feed me. I'll wash up for you. Gladly.
7) I Celebrated My 30th Birthday By Asking Someone Out For A Date. It's embarrassing now that I think about it. Several years ago, I had a major crush on G, who was dating my friend at that time. I tried to play it cool by acting aloof and even unfriendly towards G. When G and my friend broke up, we lost touch.
Then several weeks before my 30th birthday I ran into G. We exchanged phone numbers, and later I invited G to watch Russian Dolls -- a movie about turning 30, and not being ready to grow up just yet.
Nothing came out of it, and we haven't spoken to each other for a year now. But I was glad I finally asked G out after all these years. Even if it was in a moment of desperate panic about turning 30. ;p