Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Books for London

I'm excited about my London trip. It's 10:38 pm right now and I need to be at the airport early tomorrow morning. I should turn in soon, but I'm trying to finish this post. It will be short.

Some of you may know, part of the fun of planning for a trip is what books to bring along. I did very little planning for this trip. I scribbled down a few places I want to see, but I'm keeping my schedule very easy. It will probably be a matter of waking up every day and deciding at breakfast what I want to do that day. Still, there is the question of what books to bring. I suspect I will be bringing books and DVDs back, so I'm keeping it down to a few:

  1. Lonely Planet London - my guide. That, and just asking around.
  2. The Suspicions of Mr Whicher, Kate Summerscale - read the book about crime and murder in Victorian London, then walk around the places mentioned. :)
    I actually started on the book a few days ago and I'm hooked.
  3. Ice Princess, Camilla Lackberg [translated by Steven T. Murray] - I heard it was going to be cold. So I grab this one.

3 comments:

Bybee said...

London...I'm so jealous.
Safe travels!

Doc Martian said...

obscene recipe.

deep-fried pickles.

50/50 flour/beer batter.
kosher dill pickles.
roll pickles in batter then deep-fry for 7-9 minutes and golden brown. salt lightly. refrigerate. eat when cold.

Anonymous said...

that's so great! have a wonderful trip--wishing you better weather than they've been getting lately!