Sunday, February 20, 2011

MUSIC | "Anyway" by Martina McBride

Came across this quote from the Gita earlier:

“On action alone be thy interest…Never on its fruits…Let not the fruits of action be thy motive, Nor be thy attachment to inaction…”

Hold this thought and listen to this song by Martina McBride:



Anyway

You can spend your whole life building
Something from nothin'
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway

You can chase a dream that seems so out of reach
And you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway

God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
When I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway

This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe
That tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway

You can love someone with all your heart
For all the right reasons
In a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway

God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
When I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
Yeah, I do it anyway

You can pour your soul out singing a song you believe in
That tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway
Yeah, sing it anyway

I sing, I dream
I love
Anyway

5 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm not sure if I had heard that song before. Its very beautiful, thanks for posting it. I love the idea that we should do what we are going to do and not fear what may happen. It could all blow away, and often does, but that doesn't make it any less worth doing. Jo Walton expressed something similar in her book Among Others. Her character is crippled and was talking about how she and her twin sister used to play tennis with their grandfather and was wondering if all that time spent learning and practicing was worth it now that she could not walk without a cane and would never play tennis again. She rather beautifully opined that it is indeed very much worth it.

And my gosh, Martina McBride just gets more and more stunning.

darkorpheus said...

@Carl - Martina McBride has a few songs that just makes me want to play them over and over again. I love the positivity in her song.

A friend introduced me to her recently - she passed me the link to her "Concrete Angel" MTV. And I thought Martina McBride has the most gorgeous blue eyes. ;)

Carl V. Anderson said...

She's absolutely gorgeous in her video for "How Far".

darkorpheus said...

Martina McBride rocks that black tanktop in "How Far" :P

Carl V. Anderson said...

Its not the black tank top, though she looks great in that, it is the light pink dress in the desert in the last half of the video. Yum!