Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wedding Invitation

Came back last night from yoga class and I found the square envelope on top of my laptop. I recognise the roundish handwriting. So, the wedding invitation has arrived.

Some time back, I was at work. There was an old calculator lying around. I picked it up. There was a sticker on the back, with "Unit One" written in a familiar handwriting. It was a distinctive script. Roundish, like something written by the hand of a child. And for a very brief moment there was a tinge of nostalgic heartache.

Has it really been six years?

Of all the people that came and left - it is amazing that you are still my friend.

And now, your wedding.

In case I have to - in case you don't already know I wouldn't miss it unless I'm dead or in a coma:

RSVP - YES. I AM ATTENDING YOUR WEDDING.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not wearing dress hor?

:p

darkorpheus said...

Only when I'm dead or in a coma - then you see me in a dress.

Asshole. ;p