Friday, April 04, 2008

Soundtrack to Your Life Meme

Swiped this off ghetto of our mind.

If your life had a soundtrack, what would the music be?


  1. Open your iTunes library
  2. Put it on shuffle
  3. Press play
  4. For every question, type the song that’s playing
  5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
  6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool…

I think I'm self-assured enough not to lie about my taste in music. :)


Opening Credits
"Nemo" – by Nightwish, from Once

Waking Up
"Harbor Song" – from The Best of Suzanne Vega

First Day of School
"All My Stars Aligned" – St Vincent, Marry Me

Falling in Love
"Heartstopper" – Emiliana Torrini, Fisherman's Woman

Breaking Up
"The Taxi Ride" - from the Jane Siberry Anthology

Prom
"Free Man In Paris "– Sufjan Stevens from A Tribute to Joni Mitchell

Life's Okay
"Rock N Roll Nigger" – Patti Smith, Land (1975-2002)

Mental Breakdown
"elegie" – Patti Smith, Horses

Driving
"Game On" – from Catatonia Greatest Hits

Flashback
"Boy and the Ghost" – Tarja Turunen, My Winter Storm

Getting Back Together
"Rhythm of the Night" – from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack

Wedding
"Mr Grieves" – The Pixies, Doolittle

Birth of a Child
"Run Run Run" – from The Velvet Underground & Nico Deluxe Edition

Final Battle
"Untouchable" – Garbage, beautifulgarbage

Death Scene
"Imaginary" – Evanescence, Fallen

Funeral Song
"My Last Cigarette" – k.d. lang, drag

End Credits
"'Cuz I Can" – Pink, I'm Not Dead

Hey, at least I have a cool Death Scene. And I don't mind the End Credits at all.

3 comments:

chrisa511 said...

I may have to do this one later as well :) Very cool!

Ana S. said...

All My Stars Aligned is my favourite song on Marry Me :)

I want to do this one. Except I don't have iTunes, and my mp3 player has no shuffle option (I was not aware of this when I got it). Maybe I can make a Winamp playlist with all my music and then hit shuffle. Hmmm...

darkorpheus said...

Chris & Nymeth Cool. Let's play and see what answers you guys come up with. :)