Sunday, June 10, 2007

BOOKS | Completed Once Upon A Time Challenge

It is Sunday and I've managed to finish reading Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream for the Once Upon A Time Challenge 2007.

Yay! We do the Dance of Joy! My first completed challenge EVER! I'll probably wrap up later - after I finish writing something on The Winter King, which was my choice for the Mythology section of the Challenge. I am of course, not done with Bernard Cornwell's Arthurian series - The Winter King being only the first book in what is known as The Warlord Trilogy. I need to check out the second book, Enemy of God, from the library soon. I wonder if I can get to it this year though.

Now I need to refocus on my other Challenges. I managed to finish The Color Purple today. This weekend seems more productive than usual, as I managed to get a lot more reading done - in between Normal Life and a Intermediate Level Yoga Workshop (lots of arm balances that are still challenging me.)

4 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Yay! Congrats on finishing the challenge! If I can ever finish A Game of Thrones I will have completed it too. It's never taken me so long to read a book! I plan on reading A Midsummer Night's Dream too...I love that play. On top of that, I still have the Banned Books challenge I have to complete by the end of the month! oh no....

darkorpheus said...

Hi Chris, no problems - there's still - er, 10 days or so to go? I'm cheering you on for George R. R. Martin, although I remember how thick A Game of Throne was.

Isn't it ironic how we just keep signing up for the Book Challenges? And that mad panic towards the end when we try to complete them? :)

Good luck on your reading. Are you enjoying A Game of Throne though?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge!! And, you even finished The Color Purple. Yay for a weekend with a lot of reading :)

darkorpheus said...

Iliana: Yeah, I'm so proud of myself! Haha! The world is odd - either I don't have time to finish up the books, or I finish 3 books in one weekend.