Thursday, June 12, 2008

Still Trying

First, a big thank you to everyone who wished me luck on the interview yesterday. It's done - and I think it went well. They will decide if I am the person they want for the job.

So now we wait.

There is a good chance I might not accept the offer, unless they offer better terms. It is comforting to be in the position to choose our jobs. Many people don't have that choice.

In case anyone has noticed, I haven't been as active with my comments on everyone's blogs lately. I'm still reading your blogs, but lurking more. A new company project suddenly landed on our lap and the workload just multiplied. This - and some pretty lousy directions - is stressing me a little. And our boss assured us it's going to get worse.

So, apologies in advance if I don't reply to your comments as fast as I used to.

I'm still:

  1. Trying to wake up at 5am.
  2. Trying to get to bed by 10pm.
  3. Trying to meditate twice a day (morning and night)
  4. Missing the night meditations, because I'm usually tired from having to wake up at 5am
  5. Trying to come back to a regular yoga practice.
  6. Trying to write something for Novel-In-Progress.
  7. Trying to read everyday.

Most of all, trying to keep sane under all the pressure. It's manageable. Imagine that. A few years ago I would probably be throwing things around the office.

The stress management was done while listening to a lot of Sleater-Kinney.

5 comments:

Ana S. said...

Sorry to hear about all the stress :/ Music sounds like a perfect way to manage it, though. Good luck with all your goals!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the interview went well. I hope they give you a good offer. Sorry about all the stress.It sounds like you are managing it very well though.

Anonymous said...

Yes, glad the interview was good.

I'm spending less time commenting on blogs, too. In fact, I'm about to crawl back under my rock for a while. . .

Stay sane! Sounds like your plan is a healthy one. I hope you can get your sleep back to normal.

darkorpheus said...

Nymeth Stress is a part of life, so I'll deal. :)

Thanks for the good wishes. I hope to stick to my goals too. So far so good.

Stefanie Thank you. I've done my part, now we let fate take its course.

gartenfische Thank you.

I can understand the need to crawl under a rock and just retreat. I like to do that from time to time. It's like creating pockets of breathing space for myself. :)

My insomnia is also partly due to the warm weather recently. They say those of a vata dosha is more prone to these sort of sleepless spells.

I'll deal with it as well as I can. Thank you for the concern.

Anonymous said...

You've got a full plate there. Good luck with the project and interview. Don't forget to breathe. :)