I made a simple button for 'Fess Up Friday last week. The type-writer seemed a tad bit anachronistic, so I found this picture instead where Snoopy upgraded to a laptop. It even has Woodstock sitting there as a supportive audience.
I made the button when I was supposed to be writing. Procrastination is a powerful thing: I get so many (other) things done - my bookshelves are finally dusted and my laundry gets done. If I procrastinate enough, I can take over the world.
This week, word count remains around 1,800. No actual writing was done. *sigh* I hope for better progress next week.
What did get done:
- Drew up a research reading list
- Put The Apprentice and Making of a Chef on hold at the local library. I hope to pick them up this weekend
- Read blogs by farmers: Grow Better Veggies and I Love Farms
- Finally named all my main characters.
- Set aside a notebook for all my note-taking for the story
- Reading Tender at the Bones
- While drinking soup, suddenly thought of turning two of the characters into ghosts - so that it becomes a fantasy piece instead. I'm keeping it as Plan B though.
Can I add: "Going back for yoga class" into the list of things done? Yoga - er - grounds me. Improves focus, and er - makes me happy so I feel more productive?