Monday, March 12, 2007

MY MUSIC | Dolores O'Riordan's New Solo Album

Dolores O'Riordan

Any Cranberries fans out there?

Or to be more specific, any Dolores O'Riordan fans out there?

It seems like forever, but Dolores O'Riordan's is finally releasing her first solo album, Are You Listening, in May 2007.

I can't even begin to describe how excited I am when I first found out about the album. I own every single Cranberries album I can get my hands on. Yes, there are other members in the band, but I love Cranberries for her voice. She made the lyrics heavenly.

The first single "Ordinary Day," can be heard on Dolores O'Riordan's MySpace page. She lost none of the crystal-like clarity in her voice.

DOLORES O'RIORDAN – ORDINARY DAY

This is just an ordinary day
Wipe the insecurities away
I can see that the darkness will erode
Looking out the corner of my eye
I can see that the sunshine will explode
Far across the desert in the sky

Beautiful girl
Won't you be my inspiration?
Beautiful girl
Don't you throw your love around
What in the world, what in the world
Could ever come between us?
Beautiful girl, beautiful girl
I'll never let you down
Won't let you down

This is the
beginning of your day
Life is more intricate than it seems
Always be yourself along the way
Living through the spirit of your dreams

Beautiful girl
Won't you be my inspiration?
Beautiful girl
Don't you throw your love around
What in the world, what in the world
Could ever come between us?
Beautiful girl, beautiful girl
I'll never let you down
Won't let you down
Down, down...


Source: Cranberries-Fan.com


On a very personal note: I just found out her birthday is 6th September - a date that she shares with someone I care about. You know who you are.

4 comments:

The Traveller said...

Ooh ooh ooh oooooooh! Excitement! Her voice is so amazing - not that impressed with the new single though, but maybe it'll grow on me.

darkorpheus said...

Hey, you're a fan too? Cool!

I like the new single. But then again, I'm just really glad she's back.

I saw her in concert a long time ago (too long), when they toured with No Doubt. One of the best nights of my life.

The Traveller said...

No Doubt and The Cranberries - sounds amazing!

Carl V. Anderson said...

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! She has an amazing voice. I'll have to check out the myspace link when I get home tonight.