Sunday, April 08, 2007

COMICS | GAIL SIMONE TALKS BIRDS OF PREY EXIT

Gail Simone is leaving Birds of Prey! I can't deal! NOOOO!!!

Okay, drama over. She's moving on, and I know whatever new project she's picking up, it'll be kickass. Meanwhile, I'm hearing great things that's coming up for the forthcoming Birds of Prey: Secret Six vs Birds of Prey! Yes! And more, as Simone promises:

Finally, man alive are we going out with a bang. This is absolutely the most fun I've ever had on an arc on the book. Not just because it guest stars the Secret Six. Not just because I got to write Hawkgirl. Not because we brought back one of the great JLI characters. Not because I got to write Helena throwing a meatball at Catman's head, but because the art team of Nicola Scott and Doug Hazlewood has delivered something exquisite on every page.

Okay, I want to see Huntress throw meatball at Catman's head. Really, I want to see that.

Newsarama has the full interview with Gail Simone, here.

2 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I always, without fail, hate it when writers and artists who I like leave comics that I am reading. Soooo many times it doesn't turn out so good and takes awhile for the comic to get back on track. Hope that isn't the case with BofP.

darkorpheus said...

I know what you mean. I tell myself it is good that writers move on - it allows them a wider experience and more variety in their writing.

But right now I'm concerned about the future of BoP, and a little curious about this mysterious new project Gail Simone will be undertaking. She says it's something too good to turn down.

Curious.