Monday, April 30, 2007

RSC | King Lear and The Seagull

The Royal Shakespeare Company are on their world tour. The tickets are on the pricey side but I've finally succumbed to temptations. My tickets are in the mail as we speak. I'll have to keep to a strict budget for the next few months.

Sir Ian McKellen will be touring with the RSC, and they will be performing King Lear with Chekhov's The Seagull. I am excited, because I'm so looking forward to seeing Sir Ian on stage doing Shakespeare and Chekhov. I've just borrowed a library copy of Chekhov's plays in anticipation, and I will also have to go dig up my old, battered copy of King Lear later.

Ahhh ... the excitement!

*Sigh* I Heart Ian McKellen.

Go to Sir Ian McKellen Official Home Page

7 comments:

jenclair said...

Oh, girl, I'm so jealous!

Carl V. Anderson said...

Me too! He would be amazing to see on stage.

darkorpheus said...

Ah, but I will be feeding on bread and water for the next few months to pay for the tickets. I hope Ian McKellen don't catch a flu or something and cancel. I think I'll just cry if that happens.

Fingers crossed.

He's Gandalf and all that - you can't beat that - but I love him most in X-Men 2, when Magneto sucked the iron out of the prison guard and proceeded to float out of prison on that disc of metal. I have watched that scene too many times for my sanity.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is exciting! I love going to the theater but the past seasons my local theaters haven't staged anything I've been dying to see.

Anonymous said...

We're going to try and get tickets for Sir Ian in Leer too. Tickets here don't go on sale until July for an October performance so we are chomping at the bit.

Anonymous said...

Oooh.

LOVE Ian McKellen. He is made entirely of awesome.

Also love King Lear.

darkorpheus said...

I was lamenting to my friend yesterday how much the tickets costed me, and he was sweet enough to remind me Sir Ian is about 70 years old, so we've better catch him while we can.

So Stefanie, better catch him before the inevitable. ;p

PS: Just checked IMDB - he's born in 1939, so he's only a youthful 68 years old.