Sunday, April 01, 2007

ISTANBUL | Istanbul International Film Festival

Director Ferzan Ozpetek has his new film screening at the Istanbul International film Festival - which is running NOW. Have I mentioned how much I love his films? I did not? Have to remedy this oversight. But if anyone care to take a look at my profile at the right sidebar - I've listed the movie that first made me a fan. Ozpetek is born in Istanbul, but he moved to Italy later to study film. This makes it hard to categorise himself exclusively as an Italian or Turkish director.

I know I'll be re-watching the DVD when I get home, so more on him later.

But yes, my favourite director is one of the highlight at the Istanbul International Film Festival and because the dialogue is in Italian and the subtitles in Turkish - I am going to have to miss it. Do you feel my pain? But all is not lost. We will be watching one of the Chinese feature film, Still Water this afternoon. We had to walk a long way to get to the cinema yesterday for the tickets. And we were surprised at the long queue for the film festival tickets. There are a lot of film lovers in Istanbul - so many of them buying multiple tickets - they kind of remind me of how my friends and I behave during film fest seasons. It feels like home for a minute there, standing in the queue yesterday.

1 comment:

The Traveller said...

I am so jealous! The film festival sounds wonderful - what did you think of Still Life?