Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Stardust Purchase

Okay, I said I wasn't going to buy new books for any of the challenges - but I bought the illustrated Stardust today. I've decided it's worthwhile to have a copy for keeps. Afterall, when the film comes out, friends will want to borrow a copy. Like they did for all my Hellboy graphic novels.

So, I've added Stardust to one of the books for Carl's Fantasy Challenge. Wish me luck. Reading it right now.

PS: I had previously assumed it was a graphic novel -- until Carl corrected me. It's an illustrated version of the Neil Gaiman novel. There are a lot of words inside. Wow.

11 comments:

Ana S. said...

It's actually a very fast read, though. And the illustrations are just breathtaking, don't you think?

This book is one of my very favourites, I hope you enjoy it as well!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to at least look at the illustrated version in the bookstore. Enjoy it--it is a fast read!

Carl V. Anderson said...

It is a fast read, I agree. Glad you're reading it.

And you're a better person than me, I think I'd have a hard time lending out an illustrated copy of Stardust, or my Hellboy gn's, to almost anyone!

chrisa511 said...

Oh how I love Stardust! I think I own 3 versions of this book: the illustrated, mass market paperback, and trade paperback. And there's a new edition coming out in May with all NEW illustrations by Charles Vess.

Bellezza said...

It seems almost everyone is reading Stardust. I think I'll have to add it so I don't feel left out!

Carl V. Anderson said...

I think you'd really like Stardust, Bellezza.

LK said...

Happy reading, Orpheus!

Anonymous said...

It was a really fun read, and I loved having that nice illustrated version. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Love Stardust, it's a favourite of mine. Charles Vess' illustrations are gorgeous. Like Chris, I have three editions of it, and I plan on getting the new illustrated edition this year. *grin*

darkorpheus said...

Hmm...anyone else think Carl's Fantasy Challenge has indirectly helped create a Stardust Reading Group?

Isn't it great? *grin*

Marina said...

I feel like I've missed out--I read Stardust as the graphic novel, then in the standard hardback (both borrowed).

Well, now I have an excuse to get my own copy, and I'll make it the illustrated one.