Friday, August 03, 2007

TEGAN & SARA | Back In Your Head

Tired today after yoga class. I fell asleep on the bus, on my way home. Almost missed my stop. So, this will be a lazy post. I'm just going to post the music video for Tegan and Sara's "Back In Your Head". I watched it a few minutes ago and I'm still playing it on repeat.

It's a song about being in a relationship, and how scary it can all seem. The insecurities and the fears that make us want to run away. As the chorus goes, "I'm not unfaithful but I'll stray." Yet at the core of it all, the person just wants to find his/her way back to when things were sweet and loveable between them.

At least, that's how I read the song.

"Back in Your Head" can be found on Tegan and Sara's new album, The Con.

No. I have never cheated on the people I've been involved with. I'm the type that stays.


Build a wall of books between us in our bed
repeat, repeat the words i know we both said
relax into the need we get so comfortable
remember when i was so strange and likeable

i just want back in your head
i just want back in your head
I'm not unfaithful but I'll stray
When I get a little scared
When I get a little scared
When I get a little

When I jerk away from holding hands with you
I know these habits hurt important parts of you
remember when how sweet and unexplainable
nothing like this person unloveable

i just want back in your head
i just want back in your head
I'm not unfaithful but I'll stray
When I get a little scared
When I get a little scared
When I get a little
Run, run, run
Run
Run, run, run
Run
i just want back in your head
i just want back in your head
I'm not unfaithful but I'll stray
I'm not unfaithful but I'll stray
I'm not unfaithful but I'll stray
I'm not unfaithful but I'll stray

4 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I haven't heard of this group but I really enjoyed this video and like their sound. I'll be checking out more. I've said this many times, but I just love the internet for discovering new (to me) music.

chrisa511 said...

How is the new album? I've been wondering about it. I liked the last one and I like the single heard here...is the rest any good?

darkorpheus said...

Carl I kmow what you mean. I discovered Tegan and Sara via the internet too. Which sort of makes me wonder how people "discover" new music before the internet. Or how people do searches without Google.

Chris You know what's so great about you, Chris - you actually have their last album. You actually have hear their music. Almost all of my friends just go "Who?" when I mention Tegan and Sara.

Haven't bought the CD yet though. I'm just catching the tunes as they are available online. HMV has the CDs on order. Just waiting for them to arrive.

Anonymous said...

very addictive little song!