Sunday, December 13, 2009

Brief Update: 13th December 2009

It's 2:02 am on a Sunday. The date on my laptop says it's 13th December 2009. Time has slipped pass me indeed.

I just came out of a MSN chat with a friend. We argued - we have been doing that a lot lately. There is just too much unresolved tension between us. It can be uncomfortable when a friendship seem to have sidestepped into a kind of romantic/sexual attraction. I am not sure if I am ready to deal with this right now. Neither of us knows what to do.

I'm still trying to come out of the fog at the moment. Things have not been ideal - but real life rarely is. I'm trying to keep thing simple right now: Re-establish a regular yoga practice. Get a social life. Read a little more. I don't think I am ready for anything more complicated. A relationship feels too messy for me to deal with at this point.

I find it harder to read these days. Again - the problem with a short attention span. I am reading Victoria Finlay's Colour right now, a journey discovering the colours of the paintbox. I thought it would be interesting - but I guess some colours interest me more than others. We are on black and brown right now, and as intriguing as the history behind these colours are, I really want to find out more about the more vibrant shades. Give me the blues. Give me the reds. But life is truly interesting because of all its infinite varieties, isn't it?

I also have Laurie R. King's The Language of Bees available. Old favourites comfort me.

Just keeping things simple right now. Maybe I should start making a list of books I would like to read for 2010. It seems like a good way of getting myself back into the reading game.

I hope everyone had a good year. I had some pretty depressing moments in 2009, but I know I also met some good people this year - good friends that I would love to keep.

Life is interesting precisely because it is not perfect.

5 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Hey D-O! I know it's early to be spreading New Year's wishes, but I sure hope that 2010 can just bring you a fresh start. It's good to hear from you. I'm sorry you're having problems with your friend right now :( I'm just sorry that you've generally been in a fog. Life is interesting due to it's varieties, but dammit, sometimes you just want it to remain the same for a bit ;) Take care of yourself!

darkorpheus said...

Thanks, Chris. You take care too.

Carl V. Anderson said...

It is great to hear from you again! I certainly add my thoughts and prayers for you to have a wonderful 2010. More of the good times and less of the bad! I hate it when I find myself in a reading funk. It happens, I understand it, its part of life, but I still don't enjoy it whenever they crop up. You take care D.O. and don't be a stranger, we've missed you!

Anonymous said...

Hi hi,it's great to hear from you again. Life has its moments, it is kind of amazing so many different things can happen. Please do take things at your comfort pace. It will work out somewhere. Wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy Wonderful New Year. Will send happy thoughts,best wishes and tons of good luck to you. Please take care and do happy stuff. Things will get better. Nothing stays permanent. Changes is constant. It will pass. Happy Thoughts Quietletters

Heather said...

May 2010 bring you more peace than upheaval. Relationships from friendships can be the very best or the very worst. If you decide to take the chance then I wish for the very best because you deserve it.