Monday, November 03, 2008

MUSIC | Tracy Chapman has a new album out this November

Finally managed a bit of breathing space this week. One of the best news I heard today is the forthcoming release of the new Tracy Chapman album, "Our Bright Future". It's scheduled for this November and I'm just hoping the Virgin stores in Dubai will have it in fast. It'll probably be over-priced, but a new album from Chapman is worth it.

Tracy Chapman's last album, "Where You Live" (released in 2005) is still one of the most played album on my iPod. Chapman definitely has beautiful vocals, and she works with some of the best in the music industry. But what I love most of all is the simplicity of her songs - the simple elegance of it all.


Listen to the new single, "Sing For You" on myspace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A new Tracy Chapman album? Woo! I love her!

darkorpheus said...

Stefanie - Yay! Finally! Another Chapman fan!

The UK release date is 10th November, so it should be out in the US around the same week. Please, support Tracy Chapman and buy the album, because I don't think I can find it in Dubai ...:(