Sunday, December 20, 2015

Sleater-Kinney in New York 2015

Hope everyone is enjoying the lead up to the festive season. I just came back from a two week trip to San Francisco and New York. It was a blast - the climax being the two back-to-back Sleater-Kinney concerts I managed to catch as they are rounding up 2015 with a 5 concert tour in New York. I've been a big fan of Sleater-Kinney for a long time, and was totally heart-broken when they went on "indefinite hiatus". Ten years later, they are back. It's been a long journey, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to see them 'live' in concert - even if that meant long hours standing in line, in the cold, with aching feet and a hot, sweaty frontline gallery later. I am thankful that they never gave up on the music. Thank you so much.

I was at Kings Theatre, Brooklyn when the band did a cover of the Ramones' 'Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)'. Carrie was in that very same dress. It was pretty much just awesome sauce.

No comments: