Thursday, February 07, 2008

New Soul by Yael Naim

You probably have heard this song from the new MacBook Air advertisement. It's "New Soul", by Yael Naim. Since I don't watch TV, it took me a while to catch on, but I find myself hooked on the sunshine optimism of Yael Naim's song. The lady sings in French, English and Hebrew, being born in Paris but raised in Israel. I've been playing "New Soul" on a loop for a while. It's addictive, I swear.

Her star is definitely rising, after the little boost from Steve Jobs. Here's wishing her best of luck with her career, and hopefully success doesn't crush her creative soul.

"New Soul" video below, in its entirety.


3 comments:

Iliana said...

I just saw this posted on another blog and have already gone and bought the tune. The video is charming and the lyrics are just great.

Chris said...

Thank you for that tune! The song is so catchy and happy, and I loved the story line for the video ... how clever!

darkorpheus said...

Iliana Haha. Isn't it just charming? I know just what some people would say about this song: "It's so not you! It's too happy."

But I love it. :)

Chris There's a storyline? Oops. Just like how she's unpacking her stuff and singing.