Friday, February 15, 2008

“10 signs a book has been written by me” meme


  1. At least one of the characters will be into punk-rock. Or the cello.
  2. At least one of the characters practice yoga or is a yoga teacher.
  3. There will be at least one beautiful red-head.
  4. There will be pain.
  5. Characters will have unusual or exotic names like Bodhi, Autumn Dusk, Allegra, Midnight Blue, Radha.
  6. The story will end with someone losing or letting go of someone they love.
  7. It will be an epistolary novel.
  8. There will be lesbian(s). With tattoos.
  9. There will be reference to some kind of myths or Greek plays.
  10. There will be at least one appearance by an existential vampire.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this!

"there will be pain"! haha!

and i love the promise of greek mythology. and the vampire...! very cool.

purplefugue said...

What a cool meme. I've always liked the name Allegra - from the poem The Children's Hour.

Ana S. said...

I have to say that this sounds like one kickass book :D

darkorpheus said...

JP Hee. Glad you liked it. Actually, I like it too. Haha! I have no shame.

It is virtually impossible for me to write anything without a vampire in it.

Indigo Thanks. I actually did name one of the characters in a half-written story "Allegra" Perhaps I should go back to finish writing that story.

Nymeth I think so too. Now I just have to actually finish writing it. And then there's editing. :p

chrisa511 said...

What a great book DO! I would so pick this up in a second...seriously..pick that pen up and start writing again!!

Rebecca H. said...

This sounds awesome! I love that it's an epistolary novel -- there aren't enough of those in the world I think. I wish I'd thought of that for mine ...

darkorpheus said...

Chris Well, as you know, Chris, I have a problem finishing the stuff I write. ;p

Dorothy I always enjoyed the old 19th century gothic novels that work on the epistolary structure. And I always believe we can never truly see the whole picture, only the parts we think we know.

It's time for a revival, but hopefully a good one.

Bybee said...

Please hurry and write this book, Dark Orpheus!

darkorpheus said...

Bybee I want to. I just need to find the diligence. And the talent!