Sunday, December 28, 2008

MEME | First Lines

From Melanie, where we list the first sentence of each month's first post. My comments in italics.


January
The Objective: From 1st January 2008 to 31st December 2008, to (re)read anything Russian, or Russian-related - from any genre, any subject, any period, any author, any length.

~ Ah, where I start on the Russian Reading Challenge - which I didn't complete!

February
A reading list on spirituality and spiritual practices around the world.

~ My reading list on spirituality. I do enjoy making lists.

March
I would like to regal you with fascinating stories and insights from my recent reading of The Histories.

~ Just me being bored with The Histories and a little bitchy.

April
Hello all.

~ Post-surgery post, to tell everyone I'm still alive.

May

For those who read the Rebecca Solnit essay, "Men Who Who Explain Things", I would like to point you to this post, by gartenfische.

~ All this, because of a Rebecca Solnit essay. The world needs to read more Rebecca Solnit.

June
For the past month I've been meddling with the items on my sidebar.

~ Where I pretend I was organizing, but really, I'm just setting up a new blog to make more lists, because the lists on my sidebars are getting too crowded.

July
Today is 1st July, the start of July WoYo where we practice every day of the month.

~ A WoYoPracMo post, where I complain about not having time to practice, because I'm moving to Dubai.

August
All day I think about it, then at night I say it.

~ I started August with a Rumi poem.

September
Forty boxes and the bulk of packing up my life is pretty much done.

~ Yet another post about packing and moving to Dubai.

October
Today is Friday, which should be a weekend in Dubai -- but guess who's working?

~ Over-worked in Dubai

November
Finally managed a bit of breathing space this week.

~ Still over-worked in Dubai

December
Life as I know it right now is: Work – Home – Late Dinner – Working at Home – Sleep – and the cycle begins the next morning

~ I think you get the idea.



So, in a nutshell, the year started with me making lists, making grand, ambitious plans. Then surgery, then stressed out about moving to Dubai. Followed by exhaustion when I am finally in Dubai.

Sounds right. That's my 2008.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice way to look in retrospection. I'm gonna steal this meme. :)

darkorpheus said...

Matt - Please play along. I'll drop by later to see what you came up with.

Need to get to work in 15 minutes!