Saturday, March 21, 2009

CHALLENGE | Once Upon A Time III

I know I suck at challenges - though that has not been a factor whenever I sign up for a new one. I guess the point is just to try.

But with my reading in decline these days, I'll work on "The Journey" - which is just to try to read as many as I can. If not, just to enjoy the process.

Pool of books to read:

  1. The Devil You Know, Mike Carey -
    Mike Carey wrote the Lucifer and Hellblazer comics. His Felix Castor series is in the genre of supernatural suspense. Castor, you see, is a freelance exorcist who finds it hard to quit. Things just happens, you see.

  2. Let The Right One In, John Ajvide Lindqvist -
    Some of you might have watched the film that was drawn from the book. Oskar is a 12 year old boy who is living with his mother. He is bullied at school, unhappy and he wets his pants. Then a mysterious girl moves in next door. She doesn't go to school. She doesn't leave the flat during the day. Oh yeah, she's a vampire.

  3. Black Ships, Jo Graham
    Gull is an oracle, chosen to serve the Lady of the Dead. Her destiny arrives in the form of four black ships, bringing with them Aeneas from the fallen city of Troy. Gull will have to brave the gates of the Underworld to lead Aeneas to his own destiny.

Well then. Let's see where we end up.

6 comments:

Ana S. said...

I only became aware that that Mike Carey series existed recently, and now I really want to read it. Good luck with the challenge!

darkorpheus said...

Thanks. Trying to get my life back to normal with the practice and the reading.

And of course the blogging. :)

Maree said...

I"m a bit crap at challenges, too, but that doesn't seem to stop me _ especially from joining Once Upon a Time ...
I'm actually hosting a mini catch-up challenge next month.

Carl V. Anderson said...

You aren't late at all! I'm thrilled that you are joining in regardless of your track record. It is all about having fun and spending some time together anyway, and you certainly are not crap at that! :)

darkorpheus said...

Maree - Will keep an eye out for your catch-up challenge.

Carl - Thanks for the words for encouragement. And thank you for hosting this again this year.

Robin said...

I haven't read any of the books you chose, so I'm looking forward to reading your reviews. Enjoy!