Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Dance with Dragons delayed

I've neglected the sword-and-fantasy genre for a while now. I used to wait for Robert Jordan's new Wheel of Time titles, but I've since given up on that series. Over a long period of time, the writing and the story has slackened to a point that I don't think the series justify my time anymore.

But I still wait (im)patiently for every new installment of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series. The vast scope and mood of his story makes it a little intimidating -- not to mention it's hard to keep track of all the characters and their affiliation with each other. The next installment in this grand epic is A Dance With Dragons, but

I just came across George R. R. Martin's Livejournal Entry, dated 5th December 2006:

Bad news. Work. None of the projects I wrapped up was A DANCE WITH DRAGONS. Work has been going well, yes, but not especially on DANCE. I am not going to be able to finish it by the end of the year as I had hoped. I know this will disappoint all of you.

Ah. I wait. Longer.

Visit the Official George R. R. Martin's website.

No comments: