Saturday, December 22, 2007

Sleeping on the Blog Until 2008

Yet another excuse to post a picture of a cat!

<--- Yet another excuse to post a picture of a cat.

Is anyone exhausted from the holiday spirit yet? I am.

As of today I am officially taking a break from Christmas and the New Year (and it's not even Christmas or the New Year yet!)

The past few weeks I have been meeting up with friends for lunch, dinner and tea -- and my usually packed schedule have been overbooked. I am exhausted and I am not meeting anyone for dinner or lunch until 2008. I am also going to stay off my own blog until 2008.

Let's not even talk about shopping. Packing all that shoppers in enclosed space is a bad thing. There are too many people in the world. Really.

That's it. No more. We will still love each other, but I really don't want to see anyone or talk to anyone unless I have to. If I don't talk to you, that means I don't have to snap at you.

Instead, I'm just going to work, going for yoga, then I'm heading home to read. Or watch my DVDs. Or do my chores. I have a lot of ironing to do this week.

Meanwhile I'm re-posting my reading lists for 2008, to remind myself of what's coming up.

To all: Please remember the holidays are to be spent with your family. Forget the consumerism. Forget the shopping. Go home. Love. Forgive. Eat. Drink. Love somemore. But don't take any photos you will regret.

Happy Holidays to y'all. See you in 2008.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Have a great holiday and enjoy your time away from everything! That part sounds very sensible! See you in 2008 and love the cat photo--way too cute!!

Ana S. said...

That has to be the cutest photo ever.

Happy holidays and enjoy your break! See you in 2008!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Carl V. Anderson said...

I hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable time off. I'll miss your presence at the end of the year book posts, but understand your need to disconnect for awhile.

Thankfully due to weather here shopping hasn't been bad at all this year. I did most of mine early and spent these last few weeks grabbing things here and there as I was out and just enjoying the snow.

I'm so glad to be off work until the 2nd, I need the break!!! Enjoy yours!

Iliana said...

That picture is priceless! Love it!
I think a break is a very good thing from all the holiday craziness. I hope you have a peaceful time and see you in '08!

jenclair said...

Great cat photo! Peace and Joy to you, Orpheus!

purplefugue said...

Enjoy the holidays, DO...have a good rest, stay away from crowded places and do what that cat is doing (although somewhere more comfy).

Cheers!

Bybee said...

Dark Orpheus, you're so sensible. Merry Christmas!

Andi said...

Right on!!! I'm indulging in a little extra blogging myself since I have time off from work until January 7th. But I'm doing much reading, familying, DVDing, lounging, and cleaning in the meantime, too. :)