Saturday, January 26, 2008

WoYoPracMo | Day 25 Yin and Restorative Yoga Counts?

I'm not sure if it's just my imagination, but I'm starting to become more aware of a tightness around my legs lately. It could be my constant struggle in balance poses -- the way the muscles on the legs tighten and cramp up. I'm thinking I really need to incorporate some Yin poses to ease and relax the muscles. But the truth is, I really prefer the more energetic Yang-style yoga.

Tonight is a combination of gentle restorative poses and some yin poses. It counts as practice, yes?

3 comments:

purplefugue said...

You're amazing... every day so far?? Wow! I've been so under the weather lately that all I've wanted to do was get home from work, curl up with TV, laptop, crochet, book and phone.

**Cheering you on till the end of the month!! ;-) **

Yogamum said...

Of course it counts!

darkorpheus said...

Indigo The practice varies - last night was gentle, because sometimes I really need a break, and sometimes I just put on a DVD for a quick 20~30 minutes core work.

But I find the daily practice helps me weather the stuff at work. It works, so it's worth working at it.

Thanks for the encouragement. Can't believe it's been 25 days *grin*

Yogamum Yay!