Wednesday, July 25, 2007

MUSIC | KT Tunstall's New Album

I first heard KT Tunstall on her debut album Eye to the Telescope. I fell fast in love (don't I always) with her music: a fast tempo folksy indie-rock accompanied by her strong, slightly grainy vocals. It's the kind of music you just tap your foot to, and it's ironic because Tunstall herself does some great loop pedal work to get the kind of sounds for her music. Some of you might be more familiar with her song, "Suddenly I See" ― which was featured on the movie, The Devil Wears Prada (actually, it was also featured on shows like Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty. Tunstall gets around.)

Well, Amazon.com emailed me today that Tunstall has a new album, Drastic Fantastic, coming out on September 18, 2007. I have it pre-ordered in my cart.

Good music needs to be heard. Or watched. So here's the music video for the new single from Drastic Fantastic, "Hold On".



Or watch this video of KT Tunstall performing "I Want You Back" live. Loved her striped T-shirt, loved the way she picked and thumped her guitar, loved her boots and the foot-work on the loop pedals ― and most of all, loved that Scottish accent after her false start, when she confessed, "I was too ex-cited."



Visit KT Tunstall at http://www.myspace.com/kttunstall.

No comments: