Thursday, August 23, 2007

CHALLENGE | Unread Authors Challenge 2007/08

So. Into the fray.

I'm officially signing up for the Unread Authors Challenge organised by Pour of Tor.

From 1 September 2007 to 28 February 2008, participants strive to read six books by authors they have never read before. It's flexible, where you can read multiple works by the same authors, or one book each by six authors.

My reading list:

  • Sigrid Undset, Kristin Lavransdatter
  • Italo Svevo, Zeno's Conscience; As a Man Grows Older
  • Janet Frame, Owls Do Cry
  • Freya Stark, The Southern Gates of Arabia
  • May Sarton, Journal of a Solitude
  • Malcolm Lowry, Under the Volcano
  • Djuna Barnes, Nightwood
  • Radclyffe Hall, Well of Loneliness
  • Dervla Murphy, One Foot in Laos
  • Ryszard Kapuscinski, Travels with Herodotus

Yes, there's overlap with my other challenges. Call me "Butter" and watch me spread myself so very thin. ;p

2 comments:

Sycorax Pine said...

Welcome to the challenge, dark orpheus! It is great to have you with us. I think that a lot of us have overlap between this and other challenges - so not to worry. This is a great list, and I have to admit that I also haven't read any of these authors. So I look forward to hearing your recommendations!

darkorpheus said...

Can't wait to begin either. :)