Monday, July 21, 2008

Emma Thompson's Proust Questionnaire Answers

I stumbled (if one can stumble online) onto the Vanity Fair Proust Questionaire with Emma Thompson.

When asked, "What is the quality you most like in a man?" - she replied, "Uxoriousness."

I admit - I have no idea what that means. I now stand in awe of her vocabulary.

But most of all, I admire her answer to this question:

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Then who would I be?

Because no matter how flawed we are, we are all that we are.

3 comments:

Melwyk said...

I've always found it odd that there is a word for excessive devotion of a man to his wife, but not a word for the other way round.

darkorpheus said...

Melanie *crawling back into the hole where I came from and reading a dictionary, out of shame* ;p

I was going to make a smart-ass remark about what a wife with an excessive devotion to her husband is called - but decided against it.

Melwyk said...

hee hee hee... I've made up a few words for that myself...