Friday, July 04, 2008

GRAPHIC NOVELS CHALLENGE | Closing

I'm trying to streamline my challenges and reading right now. We have just entered July and I barely made a dent in the Russian Reading Challenge. I am also highly skeptical that I would have time for more challenges for 2008 either.

Since I've technically finished the 6 graphic novels required for Dewey's The Graphic Novel Challenge, I've decided to close on it. Just to settle the books.



[To Read 6 Graphic Novels from January 2008 to December 2008]

Completed for the challenge:


  1. Welcome to Tranquility Vol. 1 • Gail Simone & Neil Googe
  2. Manhunter: Unleashed • Marc Andreyko et al
  3. Birds of Prey: Dead of Winter • Gail Simone e al
  4. Batman: The Killing Joke (The Deluxe Edition) • Alan Moore & Brian Bolland
  5. Checkmate: Fall of the Wall • Greg Rucka, Joe Bennett & Chris Samnee
  6. B.P.R.D. Killing Ground • Mike Mignola, John Arcudi & Guy Davis
  7. The Question: The Five Books of Blood • Greg Rucka
  8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: No Future For You • Brian K. Vaugh, Georges Jeanty & Joss Whedon
  9. Hellboy: Darkness Calls • Mike Mignola & Duncan Fegredo

Visit The Graphic Novel Challenge Blog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what did you make of "killing joke"? was it a reread?

i wasn't too impressed with it myself, as much as i wanted to be. i did read it a long time ago, though. nearly 10 years ago now.

darkorpheus said...

JP To state the obvious - it felt very Alan Moore-ish - but it is Alan Moore. Duh to me.

The way the scenes are angled, felt similar to "From Hell" actually.

Okay, I know what he's trying to say: that there is only a thin line between us and madness, and the Joker just started off a nice man who wanted to tell jokes.

But with all the mythos behind the mad Joker, I wanted something a little more grand?

The only part that made me cringe alittle was the part where Joker shot and took pictures of Barbara Gordon. That was a little difficult to read, maybe because I'm female and these sort of thing is a little too close to home.